Wardrobe by Me Harmony-- A new T-Shirt


If you are looking for a knit shirt with just a bit of flair to it, I highly recommend you check out Wardrobe by Me's newest pattern, Harmony (affiliate links).  The small woven accent is a great way to use up special scraps, or perfect excuse to go buy a pretty accent piece like I did with the sequins.
PDF Features
  • Layers
  • No Trim Pages
  • 1/4" seam allowance
  • Imperial and Metric Measurements Charts with finished garment measurements
  • Illustrations, with limited, but clear instructions
Garment Features
  • The top has cap sleeves as well as fitted sleeves in short, elbow, 3/4 and long lengths.  
  • The body features two lengths (hip and hip +4”)
  • Two front detail options.  Overlapping folded front placket or Pleated Front Button Placket.
  • Gathering below the placket.
  • The shirt is fitted at the neckline and shoulders, and the body is flared from the chest to the hem.



I made three versions. 

First, Rayon knit from a local San Antoino fabric shop Fabrictopia with Art Gallery Rayon woven Paon Plumes Royal in Rayon (fabric) I bought locally at Sew Special Quilts.  I used elbow length sleeves for this version.  Since the rayon knit is a bit expensive I opted to use the knit for the binding on this version instead of taking a bias cut out of the fabric.
I'm wearing a ponte Haute Skinny Skirt (affiliate) also by WBM, which I love how it hugs all of my curves without being too tight in my hips and too loose in my waist (since I blended sizes out from my waist to my hips).


Second, Rayon knit print from Joann’s with Magenta “Greenwich” fine chambray from Cali Fabrics, which is out of stock, but was by Robert Kaufman.  I picked short sleeves and hip length for this version.  It was all fabrics I had in my stash and I think it is comfy and fun.  The woven chambray was easy to attach and finish the neckline.


Third, French Terry from Fabrictopia (which is not a suggested fabric but was the perfect color so you can see it is a bit thick under the placket with the gathers) and a sequin insert from Jo-Ann’s fabric that I fell in love with when I was buying fabric for my sister. (sequins).  I picked hip length and short sleeves for this one too.  I used the knit for the binding and ties for this version too.  I learned that my coverstitch feller attachment isn't great for thicker fabrics.  If you look at the bottom hem it is wavy because it was being pulled through the feller.  It bothers me enough where I will probably pull it out and re-hem.
This stiffer sequin fabric looks okay tied closed, but I found it more flattering left open.  It wasn't too low and didn't require a lot of fussing with it while I was running around taking pictures in my back yard.
Let's talk about fit.  I want to address the wrinkles above my bust.  This was an earlier version of the pattern I cut out the night before she updated the pattern to fix the pulling.  I love that she refuses to release patterns when they aren’t right.  My bust is 36" and I sewed size 8 blended out to a 12 at the hips.  The garment has enough ease in the hips and waist where that wasn't necessary, but by blending out I kept the shape of the garment matching the line drawings and the design intent.
Lots more pictures below.
Happy Sewing!







Comments

  1. Oh my goodness, those are so dang cute! Convinced me to go off my pattern diet😂.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment